DragAndDrop Issue?

Topics: Developer Forum
May 1, 2007 at 10:33 PM
Hello everybody,
First of all, congratulation for your amazing work on wpf and 3D.
I'm using your library in one of my project and I may have encoured a trouble with dragAndDrop with interactive content on a 3D mesh plane.
I say may because I work on a complex project with lot of controls but I would like to know if someone has ever had this issue.
Here the situation I am:
I have two listbox filled by ObservableCollection through the DataContext and the ItemsSource property. I would like to drag and drop elements from one to another. I know how to do drag and drop. The problem come from the drop operation. Actually, I can't drop at all in the other listbox (or in mine) (the AllowDrop property is set to True). Whether I set the icon effect of draganddrop to move or copy, it is always set to impossible (not allowed). Moreover the event Drop is not launched.
I tryed this in another window with no 3DTools and the drop operation is allowed.

Can someone help me?

Congratulation again for your great job.

lkm
Jul 2, 2007 at 4:34 PM
Ikm,

If you take a look at the Interactive3DDecorator.cs class, in the 3DTools source, there are several functions to handle interaction through the viewport. e.effects is set to DragDropEffects.None for both onDragEnter and onDragOver. If you change e.effects to DragDropEffects.All you will be able to drag from one InteractiveVisual3D to another.

JDB
Jul 3, 2007 at 12:30 PM
Thank you JDB for your answer. I gave up to find a solution for this.
I am lucky you answer my question.

regards,

lkm