XAML exporter for Blender

Topics: User Forum
Dec 17, 2006 at 11:15 PM
It seems that the Blender exporter is missing from the 1.0 release, has it been discontinued?
The script from the v0.4 release on GoDotNet seems to work fine though so why was it ommitted in the latest release?
Hopefully this won't fall on deaf ears.
Thanks,
Brian.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2006 at 8:46 PM
The GotDotNet Blender exporter is the latest version.

I know back when we did the initial port from GotDotNet to here we discussed the Blender exporter, but I forget the reasons why we didn't include it. One thing I do know though, is that we don't plan to discontinue it.

I'll see if I can remember why we didn't include it sometime today, but just wanted to reply back now to make sure you know I saw your question. I should post back later today, but the GotDotNet one is the latest version, so if we do end up putting it here, it will be the same file.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2006 at 11:50 PM
Now I remember why.

With this Codeplex site, we wanted to release one DLL (3DTools) that contained all of the code that was in a download. Since the blender exporter is separate from that DLL, it didn't quite fit in with what we wanted to do. That's why it isn't showing up in the download anymore.
Jul 12, 2007 at 1:09 AM
I need xaml_export.py file how do I get it now?

Thanks
Parashar
Aug 20, 2007 at 4:10 PM
some of the old code examples of people using the 3dtools dll have the code in them...

Sandbox3D\Sandbox3D--0.0.0.8

is one such app...

I dont have enough chars here to paste the code... plus I dont want to upset the nice MS man who wrote it...
Aug 20, 2007 at 4:13 PM
Edited Aug 20, 2007 at 4:13 PM
found it after much goooooglin

http://channel9.msdn.com/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=71860

you're welcome