Frame inside InteractiveVisual3D.visual

Topics: Developer Forum
Mar 26, 2007 at 3:49 AM
newbie here :) I tried to create a browser user control, with a textbox, a button and a frame, then embedded that control into the InteractiveVisual3D tags. For the textbox and button are on the mesh but it seems that the frame strays away. Esseentially, i'm trying to create a 3D browser, is there something i'm doirng wrong or does what i'm trying to do just not make sense? :S
Mar 31, 2007 at 4:00 PM
It makes perfect sense because I'm trying to do the same thing
I've managed to do most of the work but there is something wrong when i actually open a Url
the actual http doesn't get rendered on the surface but in some sort of floating window
dose any one know how i can fix this
Oh and jlvillaraza here is the code I used:
this is what i put in the InteractiveVisual3D.Visual container
<Border Margin="4,0,196,200" d:LayoutOverrides="Height" Width="300" Height="300" BorderBrush="#FF000000">
<Grid Width="Auto" Height="Auto">
<Grid.RowDefinitions>
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" MinHeight="240"/>
<RowDefinition Height="Auto" MinHeight="31"/>
</Grid.RowDefinitions>
<Grid.Background>
<LinearGradientBrush EndPoint="0.5,0.537" StartPoint="0.5,1">
<GradientStop Color="#FF000000" Offset="0"/>
<GradientStop Color="#FFFFFFFF" Offset="1"/>
</LinearGradientBrush>
</Grid.Background>
<Frame Margin="0,0,0,30.894" Content="Frame" x:Name="web_in"/>
<TextBox d:LayoutOverrides="Width, Height" Style="{DynamicResource SimpleTextBox}" VerticalAlignment="Top" Text="TextBox" TextWrapping="Wrap" Grid.Row="1" BorderBrush="#00FFFFFF" x:Name="txt_url"/>
<Button Margin="110,0,110,-24" Style="{DynamicResource BlackButton}" VerticalAlignment="Bottom" Height="30" Foreground="#FFFFFFFF" Content="Button" Grid.Row="1" x:Name="btngo" Click="btngo_Click"/>
</Grid>
</Border>
and this is the code to make it work:
private void btngoClick(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
{
try
{
webin.Source = new System.Uri(txturl.Text);
}
catch
{
txt_url.Text = "!!Not a valid Url!!"; //crash prevention always use try catch if you are to lazy to validate :P
}
This is all
Also please be aware that I'm using a custom text box and button so be sure to change those
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2007 at 2:55 PM
Unfortunately, the Frame control doesn't work on 3D (WPF is doing HWND hosting for this), so you won't be able to see your web browser in 3D.
Apr 13, 2007 at 6:08 PM
Edited Apr 13, 2007 at 6:22 PM
i see. Too bad though. If i'm not mistaken, there used to be a component, (not a frame) that you could use to navigate to a url right? i can't remember what it was though. I wonder if that component is still around, and whether that would work.. :|
Apr 13, 2007 at 8:15 PM
Oh bolocks :((