Need help with inherited project

Topics: Developer Forum, User Forum
Jan 7, 2008 at 8:46 PM
Edited Jan 7, 2008 at 8:48 PM
Hello,

I am a designer and I know Blend pretty well. (But, am not a developer and don't know that aspect of it.)

I've inherited a project that uses 3DTools. The project consists of a "screen" where you can make choices. When you make a choice, that screen moves in a 3D way and another choice window appears.

My issue is that I can't figure out how to get into or where the elements are of the initial screen. It certainly looks like it should be a grid in Blend. I am guessing that it is the 3DTools "stuff" that is taking control of those elements. I need help understanding how to get to the elements so that I can change them! (And sadly, I can't contact the original developer or designer.)

The Blend file is set up thusly:

Page
...outerGrid
.........Map3DSpace
..................MainViewportOuter
...........................Camera
....................................mapCamera
...........................MapContainer
....................................Content
...........................Lighting
....................................Content
.............................................Model3DGroup
......................................................Stage_Light

I assume that the content is in the element called "Content" on the MapContainer. However, Clicking on that doesn't open up a grid for me to edit. The icon associated with the element looks like this: <>. I've never seen an icon like that and am not sure what kind of element it is.

I would appreciate any thoughts/comments/ideas about how to edit the bits that are controlled by 3DTools would be most welcome.

I can share more information as well if you have questions.

Much thanks in advance!
Rachel